Camelot today announced that, from this Saturday, The National Lottery will return to primetime Saturday night TV in a commercial partnership with ITV.
This new format – which will be fronted by some well-known ITV personalities – will deliver the Lotto results to the nation during primetime ITV programming. It will feature a range of innovative wraparound concepts – which will bring to life the huge difference The National Lottery makes to the UK, and which will be used interchangeably throughout the year.
The partnership will kick off on 14 April during Britain’s Got Talent. The first 90-second slot will feature the Lotto results and will tease the first concept, which will air the following week (21 April) and which will get the public involved for the chance to win cash prizes.
Hayley Stringfellow, Head of Brand Marketing at Camelot, commented: “We’re hugely excited by this innovative commercial partnership. One of the outcomes of our recent strategic review was to make The National Lottery and its purpose far more relevant and visible – so what better way to do this than by partnering with ITV to deliver the results during some of the most popular primetime shows.
“People play The National Lottery to win life-changing prizes, but they sometimes forget that they also raise around £30 million every week for UK Good Causes. This partnership will deliver a range of exciting and engaging ways to shine a light on the difference National Lottery players make to the UK.”
Simon Daglish, Deputy Managing Director at ITV Commercial, said: “The National Lottery has been a big part of Saturday nights since 1994 and we’re delighted to be bringing the Lotto results to viewers during ITV’s flagship Saturday night entertainment shows. This new partnership is a natural fit to make our biggest audiences aware of The National Lottery’s work.”
This new partnership will complement the existing range of National Lottery results-checking options – including voiced draw result captions on BBC One four nights a week, as well as access to the live draws and winning numbers across The National Lottery’s own digital channels.
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
Notes to Editors:
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, £37 billion has now been raised and more than 525,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 185 projects in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £65 billion in prizes and created more than 4,750 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- Camelot runs the most cost-efficient major lottery in Europe, with around 4% of total revenue spent on operating costs.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked just 62nd in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the sixth largest lottery in the world by sales – underlining Camelot’s strategy to encourage lots of people to play but to only spend relatively small amounts (Source: La Fleur’s 2017 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.