The National Lottery and ITV to once again bring stellar Saturday night entertainment to UK audiences
The partnership will see The National Lottery sponsoring two of the most well-known and entertaining shows on TV
National Lottery operator Camelot today announced a sponsorship deal between The National Lottery and ITV Commercial for the upcoming series of two of ITV’s leading Saturday night shows – The Masked Singer and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.
This will mark the second year that The National Lottery and ITV have partnered together to bring stellar entertainment to viewers every Saturday night for three months, this year commencing 25 December.
With the previous sponsorship including a heart-warming cameo from Stephen Mulhern who surprised a Saturday Night Takeaway viewer with a £350,000 funding boost for her National Lottery-supported charity – the new deal will again help to deliver on The National Lottery’s overarching brand narrative: ‘Amazing things happen when lots of people play a little’. It will also build on strategic work to drive awareness of The National Lottery and the £30 million a week it raises for Good Causes.
The exclusive deal, which will welcome the return of a number of Aardman-created larger-than-life idents, includes on-air sponsorship, multi-platform activation and a bespoke licensing package. This also encompasses visibility on the ITV Hub as well as The National Lottery’s and ITV’s owned channels. An aligned content strategy across ITV and The National Lottery social feeds will build on the success of the previous sponsorship campaign, when it fostered new brand advocates and featured interactive formats like ‘guess the song’, as well as competitions such as goody bag and holiday giveaways.
Camelot’s Chief Marketing Officer, Keith Moor, said, “The National Lottery is once again helping to bring amazing entertainment and fun to homes across the UK at primetime on Saturday nights – something that’s in The National Lottery’s DNA given that it has been providing incredible moments of fun and anticipation for its players for over 27 years. Through ITV’s flagship shows, we’ll be reaching some of the biggest audiences – connecting National Lottery games with peak entertainment.”
Mark Trinder, ITV Director of Commercial Sales and Partnerships, said: "The Masked Singer and Saturday Night Takeaway are two of our most iconic shows and part of millions of people's Saturdays. I'm delighted to welcome back The National Lottery as our sponsors and look forward to bringing even more entertainment to viewers as part of this partnership."
The agreement between National Lottery operator Camelot and ITV Commercial was negotiated and will be managed by Dentsu. Adam & Eve has led on creative strategy and approach, with ITV Creative heading up production and 360 creative integration of the sponsorship deal.
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
About Camelot/The National Lottery
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- The National Lottery generates over £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, over £45 billion has now been raised and more than 660,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 235 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £83 billion in prizes and created more than 6,300 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked just 60th in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the fifth largest lottery in the world by sales – underlining the ongoing effectiveness of Camelot’s strategy to encourage lots of people to play but to only spend relatively small amounts (Source: La Fleur’s 2020 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 18 or over.
About The Masked Singer UK
- The biggest new entertainment show of 2020 is set to return as once again we ask the question 'who's behind the mask?'
- Host Joel Dommett is back to preside over the unique guessing game that gripped the nation at its first outing. Davina McCall, Rita Ora, Jonathan Ross and Mo Gilligan will all resume their celebrity sleuth roles.
- The Masked Singer UK recently won an International Emmy for Non-Scripted Entertainment
About Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
- The multi award-winning, ultimate family entertainment show is back, as Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway returns to ITV in Spring 2022.
- The series will once again feature big showbiz guests, high-octane challenges, and hilarious hidden-camera set ups...plus a new scripted comedy serial, a whole host of brand new studio games, and live surprises will be unleashed upon both the studio audience and viewers at home.