National Lottery operator Camelot announces partnership with ITV to sponsor flagship Saturday night entertainment
The partnership sees The National Lottery team up with ITV to bring its biggest shows to viewers on Saturday nights.
National Lottery operator Camelot today announced a wide-ranging sponsorship deal between The National Lottery and ITV Commercial for the forthcoming series of three of ITV’s biggest Saturday night shows – The Masked Singer, The Voice UK and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway.
This will be the first time that all three of the channel’s Saturday night shows have been sponsored by one brand, taking The National Lottery and ITV into new territory – together bringing the whole of Saturday night entertainment to TV screens across the UK.
The partnership sees The National Lottery team up with all three shows to bring stellar entertainment to viewers every Saturday night for three months, commencing from 19 December. The exclusive deal – which will comprise a number of amusing, larger-than-life idents created by Aardman – includes on-air sponsorship, multi-platform activation and a bespoke licensing package. This also encompasses visibility on the ITV Hub and the age-gated version of The Voice UK app, as well as The National Lottery’s and ITV’s owned channels.
Camelot’s Chief Marketing Officer, Keith Moor, said, “The National Lottery has been making Saturday night more entertaining for the past 26 years, with every ticket providing a moment of anticipation while also helping to raise around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded good causes. These are ITV’s flagship entertainment shows with the biggest audiences – so there’s a fantastic fit between the two brands with this partnership, and it will only help people to better understand the connection between The National Lottery’s unique purpose and play.”
Mark Trinder, Director of Commercial Sales and Partnerships at ITV said “Saturday nights on ITV have come to define quintessential family entertainment, and as we celebrate the return of three of our most talked about shows – The Masked Singer, The Voice UK and Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway – we’re welcoming on board our brand new sponsor National Lottery operator, Camelot, for this innovative partnership that will put all the titans of Saturday night TV under one sponsorship umbrella.”
The agreement between National Lottery operator Camelot and ITV Commercial was negotiated and will be managed by Vizeum. Adam & Eve has led on creative strategy and approach, with ITV Creative heading up production and 360 creative integration of the sponsorship deal.
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
About Camelot/The National Lottery
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- The National Lottery generates over £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, over £42 billion has now been raised and more than 625,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 220 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £78 billion in prizes and created more than 5,900 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked just 59th in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the fifth largest lottery in the world by sales – underlining the ongoing effectiveness of Camelot’s strategy to encourage lots of people to play but to only spend relatively small amounts (Source: La Fleur’s 2020 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.
About The Masked Singer UK
- The biggest new entertainment show of 2020 is set to return with a brand new panellist as BAFTA award winning comedian Mo Gilligan takes up a chair and the challenge of figuring out 'who's behind the mask?'
- Host Joel Dommett is back to preside over the unique guessing game that gripped the nation at its first outing. Davina McCall, Rita Ora and Jonathan Ross will all resume their celebrity sleuth roles.
About The Voice UK
- Series 10 of The Voice UK will return to ITV in January with 12 episodes featuring the Blind Auditions, The Battles, Semi Finals and Final.
- This series, the show will see a brand new Coach take her seat in the most iconic chairs in television and the introduction of a brand new twist - The Block!
- Award-winning global star Anne-Marie will join Sir Tom Jones, will.i.am and Olly Murs in the search to find the next singing sensation, with lucky winner securing a recording contract with Universal's label UMOD.
- Much loved TV favourite Emma Willis is returning to host the show.
About Ant & Dec’s Saturday Night Takeaway
- The multi award-winning, ultimate family entertainment show is back, as Ant & Dec's Saturday Night Takeaway returns to ITV in Spring 2021.
- The series will once again feature big showbiz guests, high-octane challenges, and hilarious hidden-camera set ups...plus a new scripted comedy serial, a whole host of brand new studio games, and live surprises will be unleashed upon both the studio audience and viewers at home.