Retailers across the UK are topping up their Christmas wish-lists as a bumper sales period with The National Lottery fast approaches.
The festive windfall will see 200 EXTRA £20,000 raffle winners with Lotto's Christmas Raffle event – just in time for some last-minute shopping as this extra special draw will take place on 23 December.
That means there’ll be 220 winners in total scooping a fantastic £20,000 prize – all on top of the jackpot and the £1 million raffle prize.
And, there’s plenty more than that under the tree as EuroMillions will create 10 millionaires on 29 December, just in time for celebrating the New Year in style.
The new POS for the special Lotto draw is already in-store and will prove a real Christmas treat for retailers who are sure to see a great sales uplift. And retailers can expect a significant sales increase with EuroMillions too, with the New Year draw POS in-store from 27 December.
In addition, the EuroMillions jackpot current stands at an estimated £94 million, so if the jackpot continues to roll into the Christmas period, retailers could be looking at even bigger sales uplifts.
On the Scratchcards side of things, shoppers looking for any last-minute stocking fillers or Secret Santa gifts won’t be disappointed by the four festive games on offer. Our ‘Stocking Filler’ Scratchcard costs £1 and offers a top prize of £5,000. ‘Frosty Fortunes’ and ‘ChristmasCountdown 2017’ – both priced at £2 – offer top prizes of £50,000 and £100,000 respectively. And the £5 ‘Santa’s Millions 2017’ Scratchcard offers a top prize of a fantastic £1 million.
James Pearson, Head of Retail at Camelot, said:
“These special themed National Lottery games and draws will see even more winners over the Christmas period, which is great for players and fantastic news for retailers as we’ll see a spike in sales during this time.
“There’s lots that retailers can start to do now as we get ready for the special draws, such as ensuring that all new POS is out on time and looking great, that media screens are in plain view, and double-checking that their teams are talking about Christmas National Lottery products on offer to customers in-store.
“We’d like to thank all of our National Lottery retailers for their support throughout 2017 and hope this proves to be a cracking Christmas for them. We have even more lined up for 2018, so happy New Year to all and watch this space.”
Notes to Editors:
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, £37 billion has now been raised and more than 525,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 185 life-changing projects in every community.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £65 billion in prizes and created more than 4,750 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- National Lottery retailers earn 5% commission for each draw-based game sold and 6% on each Scratchcard sold – as well as 1% on certain prizes paid out in-store. On average, National Lottery retailers earned over £6,500 in commission per store in 2016/17. To date, National Lottery retailers have earned over £6.1 billion in total sales commission.
- Camelot runs the most cost-efficient major lottery in Europe, with around 4% of total revenue spent on operating costs.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked just 62nd in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the sixth largest lottery in the world by sales – clear evidence of Camelot’s longstanding commitment to being a responsible operator (Source: La Fleur’s 2017 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.