Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (‘Camelot’), operator of the UK National Lottery, today announced that marketeer Jennelle Tilling has been appointed as a Non-Executive Director, with immediate effect.
Jennelle has over 25 years’ consumer marketing, digital and innovation experience with leading global FMCG and food retail brands spanning UK, international and global roles. She spent over 17 years working for Yum! Restaurants International in a variety of senior marketing roles across the KFC, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell brands. This culminated in Jennelle serving as the Global Chief Marketing Officer for KFC – where she was responsible for the company’s brand marketing, communications, innovation, digital presence and brand reputation in over 125 countries around the world.
Jennelle is the Founder and Chief Brand Strategist at Marketing with Insight – a London-based brand consultancy specialising in retail, food and beverage strategy – and is a Fellow of The Marketing Society and a member of the Marketing Group of Great Britain. She is also a member and Past President of Women in Advertising and Communications London, a Leadership Fellow of St George’s House, Windsor Castle, and a mentor to The Marketing Academy.
The appointment of Jennelle follows Camelot’s announcement in June confirming Sir Hugh Robertson as Chairman, and Robert Walker as Deputy Chairman and Senior Independent Director. All of these appointments further strengthen the governance and mix of skills of Camelot’s Board in accordance with the Board Governance Review process that the company is currently carrying out.
Camelot Chairman, Sir Hugh Robertson commented: “In Jennelle, we have appointed an individual with an exceptional track record of delivering results through strategic insight, consumer understanding and creative communications. Jennelle’s extensive marketing experience, paired with her strong commercial orientation and effective leadership skills, will make her a great addition to the Board.”
Camelot’s other current Non-Executive Directors are Jo Taylor, Jane Rowe, David Kelly and Rob Rowley. Chief Executive Nigel Railton also sits on the Board.
– Ends –
For further information, please contact:
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
Notes to Editors:
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, £38 billion has now been raised and more than 535,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 190 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £67 billion in prizes and created more than 5,000 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- Camelot runs one of the most cost-efficient major lotteries in Europe, with around 4% of total revenue spent on operating costs.
- The UK National Lottery is ranked just 65th in the world in terms of per capita spend, despite being the sixth largest lottery in the world by sales – underlining Camelot’s strategy to encourage lots of people to play but to only spend relatively small amounts (Source: La Fleur’s 2018 World Lottery Almanac).
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.