Camelot UK Lotteries Limited (‘Camelot’), operator of the UK National Lottery, today announced that data, analytics and consumer insight expert Gill Whitehead has been appointed as a Non-Executive Director. Gill replaces David Kelly, who has been a Camelot Non-Executive Director since 2014 and who has become Chair of Camelot’s sister company, Camelot Lottery Solutions.
Gill has over 20 years’ experience in a number of leading companies – including Google, Channel 4 and the BBC. She joined Google in 2016 and is currently Senior Director, Client Solutions & Analytics – leading teams with deep specialisms in data analysis, measurement, user experience, consumer segmentation and insights to help the largest advertisers in the UK get more from their investments in data and technology.
In addition, Gill has held a number of Board appointments, including as a Non-Executive Director at the Financial Ombudsman Service, and Board Director of both Youview Television and Freeview Television.
Gill started her career at the Bank of England and then Deloitte Consulting, and is a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants and a graduate in Econometrics. Prior to Google, Gill was an Executive Committee Member, and held roles as Director of Audience Technologies & Insight and Director of Strategy & Corporate Development at Channel 4 Television Corporation – where she founded and led Channel 4's data strategy. Prior to that, she held a number of senior executive roles at the BBC.
Camelot Chairman, Sir Hugh Robertson commented: “I would like to welcome Gill – whose extensive experience in digital transformation, data and analytics, and consumer insight within high-calibre UK businesses will ensure that innovation continues to be at the forefront of our strategy. She is an ideal fit to continue to boost the standard and skillset of our Board, and I very much look forward to working with her.
“At the same time, I’d like to take this opportunity to personally thank David for his expertise and guidance since I joined last summer, and also for his over four years of tenure on the Board. David’s in-depth knowledge of internet and technology businesses has been crucial in helping ensure our National Lottery digital products have gone from strength to strength. We wish him all the very best of luck in his new role as Chair of Camelot Lottery Solutions.”
Camelot’s Chairman is Sir Hugh Robertson and Robert Walker is the Deputy Chairman & Senior Independent Director. The other Non-Executive Directors are Jo Taylor, Jane Rowe, Jennelle Tilling and Rob Rowley. Chief Executive Nigel Railton also sits on the Board.
For further information, please contact:
Camelot Press Office: 020 7632 5711
Notes to Editors:
- Camelot UK Lotteries Limited is the licensed operator of The National Lottery® and is committed to raising money for National Lottery Good Causes designated by Parliament. Camelot is not responsible for distributing or awarding these funds.
- On average, Camelot generates around £30 million each week for National Lottery-funded projects. In total, over £40 billion has now been raised and more than 565,000 individual grants have been made across the UK – the equivalent of around 200 lottery grants in every UK postcode district.
- The National Lottery has so far awarded over £71 billion in prizes and created more than 5,350 millionaires or multi-millionaires since its launch in 1994.
- For further information on Camelot, The National Lottery and its games, please visit: www.camelotgroup.co.uk and www.national-lottery.co.uk.
- Players of all National Lottery games must be aged 16 or over.
- Camelot Lottery Solutions is the trading name of Camelot Global Lottery Solutions Limited – a leading lottery solutions and technology supplier to lotteries around the world.