Camelot is an unusual organisation, there aren’t many businesses that do what we do and that’s one of the greatest things about a career with Camelot. As well as having some unique job roles (such as Winners Advisors, Lottery Draw Engineers), the scale of our achievements is huge in comparison to the size of our workforce. Being a medium sized company means that you have a real chance to make your mark, you know that every little thing you do contributes to something much bigger. Here are 5 interesting facts that you may not know about Camelot.
1. Through operating one of the nations best-loved consumer brands, The National Lottery, we give on average £30 million a week to Good Cause projects across the UK.
2. We achieve a lot with a team of only 850 people which means that every single one of our employees makes an important contribution. Another way to look at it is that every Camelot employee generates around £37,000 per week for Good Causes. Not bad eh
3. The National Lottery crossed fingers logo is recognisable to 95% of the UK population and can be seen all over the UK. Next time you are out and about, keep your eyes peeled and count how many times you spot it.
4. We work with massive numbers. Total National Lottery sales each year are bigger than sales of Cadbury, Coca-Cola, Nestlé, Walkers, Heinz, Warburtons, Müller and Purina combined!
5. To date, National Lottery players have helped to raise over £39 billion for Good Cause projects, with more than 535,000 individual awards made across the UK – an average of over 190 lottery grants in every UK postcode district. It’s hard to find a town or community in the UK that hasn’t benefited in some way.
2019 is a great time to join us as we celebrate 25 years of The National Lottery. Check out our current opportunities and find your dream role with us. View all jobs here.
All stats are correct at time of publishing.