As the steward of a national asset, we have a duty to operate The National Lottery responsibly to ensure its sustainability for years to come.
For us, that starts with our tens of millions of National Lottery players – and, in particular, the responsibility of keeping them safe by preventing underage play and playing too much.
However, we’re proud of the fact that corporate responsibility extends across every one of our teams and at every level of our business.
• Our employees – It’s really important to us that we have a diverse and inclusive workforce who feel proud about the work they do, valued in their roles and engaged to be their best.
• Our suppliers – We have around 700 suppliers and we take our commitments to them seriously. We make sure that they have practices in place to protect our reputation and theirs, and are proud to be a Prompt Payment Code signatory.
• Our community – Through our ‘Living Life Changing’ programme, employees can take up to two days a year to volunteer with any National Lottery-funded charity. We also have three charity partners with whom we encourage employee engagement – Watford Mencap, The Peace Hospice and The Conservation Volunteers – and regularly make donations to local and national charitable causes.
• The environment – We are committed to minimising any negative environmental impact from our operations and, where we can, look to increase the positive impact we make.
• National Lottery winners – Winning big can be life-changing, which is why, over the past 27 years, we’ve built an extensive programme of support to see major National Lottery prize winners through every step of the way.